I'm engaged in everything, it seems, except for the "one" thing I'd like to be engaged in...a seriously romantic relationship! But let's not start off with such a heavy topic...
My name is Mary...26 years old, blonde hair, blue eyes and single. I have a Marketing degree from Texas A&M University (whoop!) and a cat named Beauregard (almost 2 years old!). I work for bowling.com (no, you can't try to ask me out by calling our 800 number) as an office and customer service manager...or at least that's what my card says because we couldn't think of anything better. I actually do a lot of different things - some tasks that are super awesome and engaging and others that are uber-boring. I recently started a temporary, part-time job working in the Hobby Lobby frame shop. It's my FUN job...or mostly fun anyway. It has it's own difficulties at times. My LONG list of hobbies includes, but is not limited to: Civil War reenacting, ballroom/country western dancing, horseback riding, playing the piano, scrapbooking...you get the point. In addition to my hobbies I like to hang out with my friends. I like to do a lot of things so I'm a very busy girl. So, I've included below an example of my crazy life....
Monday, 8/3: Worked at BDC 8-5, killed some time between 5 and 6:15, had Prayer group from 6:15 to almost 8? Or was it past 8...? Can't remember the exact ending time, but we usually take an hour and a half to two hours.
Tuesday, 8/4: Left the house early so I could take my youngest brother to SFA to run with his cross country team...he had to be there by 7:45 a.m. Worked at BDC till 5, killed some time till about 6:15 (again) and met with Scarlett. We headed over to Brian's for movie night around 7:30ish and the movie ended a little before 10, I think.
Wednesday, 8/5: Left the house early again...John still running with his teammates in the mornings. He's going to be doing so until school starts on the 24th. Worked at BDC till 5, killed some time till 6:15 (what is it with 6:15???) then met up with Lisa. We headed to Bible study shortly before 7 and then we finished there shortly before 9.
Thursday, 8/6: You guessed it - left the house early so I could drop John off at SFA. Worked at BDC till a little before 5...had to take a package by the FedEx depot (or whatever you want to call it). Worked at HL till 9.
Tonight, 8/7: Dropped John off at SFA at 7:45 and worked at BDC till 4. Used some comp time to get off early so I could get home and prepare a Corn Bake for the 3rd Texas Cavalry meeting/potluck supper. Had fun eating and catching up and meeting till almost 10.
Tomorrow, 8/8: Will work at HL from 9 till 3 or 4...depends how busy we get. Will probably kill some time by Brian's pool, relaxing and reading, then may stay to play Cranium for awhile. Plan to put some beans to soak so I can try another new Civil War era recipe on Sunday - a bean soup that I think is going to be delicious.
Sunday, 8/9: Will go to church from 11-12 and immediately following will go to Gran and Poppa's for lunch. Will make plans with Poppa for Friday lunch since Gran will be in Florida. Hopefully some nap time will soon follow and then friends are coming over for Scripture reading at 6. We usually spend an hour and a half reading...and possibly that much or more socializing.
Then Monday it all starts over again. I have things planned already through November. There's the singles trip to float the Comal River (if it's not too low - may end up being a trip to Schlitterbahn) on August 22nd. The next weekend (the 29th?) there's a dance hosted by the Ballroom Dance Club of East Texas (of which I'm the secretary) - it is going to be themed as a luau. Then the Battle of Atlanta Reenactment in Georgia from September 3rd-7th...yeah, I think those are the right dates. There's another reenactment the first weekend of October in Hallsville and then I would like to make some plans for either the weekend before or after my birthday on October 27th. On November 20th, the night before the reenactment at Plantation Liendo starts, I plan to drive to Magnolia after work and go to the midnight showing of New Moon with my cousin-in-law and probably several other ladies. The reenactment starts on the 21st and runs through the 23rd. Then there's the Thanksgiving holiday...
I can only imagine what will be planned amongst all that between now and then!! So all that to say...I'm engaged to life! Busy living life to the fullest while I'm still single and free to do pretty much what I want. Hopefully during this time my relationship with God will grow stronger than I could ever imagine and I will start to become the woman He has always planned for me to be.
My ultimate goal: to be the virtuous woman described in Proverb 31. A woman who loves God with all her mind, heart, body and soul and whose life focus is to care for those whom God entrusts to her.
Hopefully I won't let this blog just sit here...hopefully I will actually be able to make time to keep it up so you can have an idea of who I am and why...what I'm doing and thinking.
May God bless you and shine His face upon you!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment