Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Friday, September 25, 2009

Autumn...My Love

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face.
~John Donne

Is it common for one to love the time of year in which one was born? Or is it truly a relationship borne from time spent getting to know one another? I have not always loved Autumn...

For a time it was winter because of Christmas and any remote possibility of seeing snow.

Then for a time it was spring because of Easter and the new life it inherently brings.

Following spring, of course, was summer and here the list was longer: shorts, swimming, no school, flip flops, vacation, seemingly endless time to read...ahhh, summer! For a while there you held my love the longest!

Now it is Autumn and I feel forever Autumn it will be...

In Autumn there are so many wonderful things to appreciate at once. A conglomerate of beautiful colors in shades you do not typically see in other seasons - rich shades of red, orange, yellow and, in Texas, green. The temperature drops to that perfect temperature for enjoying the outdoors...relaxing on a porch swing, an afternoon picnic, a trail ride through the woods. There are an infinite number of possibilities. The scents that accompany this time of year are exquisite. The recipes that are set aside, saved especially for this time of year...they are delectable. Caramel apples, hay rides, candy corn, pumpkin carving, harvest festivals...ah, so many good and wonderful things!

Yes, I love Autumn and I do not believe it has anything to do with my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment