Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Last Birthday as a 20-Something

Tomorrow I begin the last chapter of my 20's. There are so many mixed feelings floating in my head. Dread because before I know it I will be starting the 30's "book". Indifferent because it is inevitable. Apprehensive - how much longer will I be single?! Anticipation...expectation...hopefulness...optimism. All of those because I have learned so much this year. My faith has been tried...found lacking..strengthened.

My 28th year will be remembered as one of rebellion and redemption. Most certainly, I do not ever want to be that distant from God again. With much thankfulness I recognize the place He has brought me to, the people He has placed in my life to help me through the healing process.

Recently the "30 Before 30" list I have rarely thought of since making it popped into my thoughts. I was startled when immediately on the heel of those thoughts I came to the glaring realization of how self-centered most, if not all, of those goals actually are. Now I am debating whether to hash out a new list or to simply make one goal: to live as unselfishly as I can as a redeemed child of God. It does not hurt to have goals written out, so I may give it a try. Will there be 30 goals on the list? Maybe, maybe not. It really makes no difference. The most important thing I can do is face each day with faith and determination and the goal to live as Christ-like as I can with His strength and love supporting me.

Thank You, Father, for the time You have blessed me with thus far. Please continue to be with me as I move forward and face new challenges, obstacles. I am nothing without Your strength and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment