In hindsight, it turns out that I should have trusted my gut. I was stood up by the guy in the previous post. Thankfully, I had net yet left for the designated meeting place - two hours away from my parents who live an hour and a half away from me. I was at my parents' house in the room I grew up in, getting ready. Hair was almost completely straightened. I was close to starting on my makeup. I had not heard from him all morning and very little the night before. So, I texted. Within a few minutes he called and made up a lame excuse as to why he could not make it after all. Mind you, if he had given me an indication earlier in the week that this was a possibility, I would not have been concerned. Disappointed, but not crushed or ignored...or feeling completely insignificant. But all week he gave no indication that anything would keep him from meeting me on that Saturday.
Fast forward a few days...I felt the need to explain that I am dating with a purpose. Being almost 30 years old and ready to settle down and start a family, I really do not have time for casual dating. Yes, it is important to get to know a person on a certain level before starting a relationship, but in all honesty you can only get so far without meeting and I believe that only when you meet can you know for certain if there is a spark. I was hoping to communicate the reason that meeting was so important to me. I had grown quite attached to him through our phone communication. There are many qualities about him that I like. My communication skills must be lacking because I have not heard from him since then. My heart is so tired of this routine. It struggles with a loneliness that is sometimes suffocating.
On a more positive topic - I have set up a page on Facebook where I can sell items that I have made. It is called Delightfully Made ~ Proverb 31:13. Hair clips, note cards, home decor and party decor. I am anxious to see if it goes anywhere. I pray that my friends and family will help spread the word and that I will get some decent exposure. I also pray that I will be inspired with new ideas in order to keep things fresh.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment