My birthday week was a mountain of a high for me. Mom and Gran surprised me with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer as a combination birthday/Christmas gift. This is something I thought I was going to have to wait on forever as it does not look like I will be engaged and thus registering anytime soon. It is something I have wanted for a long, long time as I have begun to explore new recipes and a lot of them require the power of a stand mixer to make. Grandmother Clinch surprised me with a higher than normal sum of birthday money - most of which went to some very nice baking tools. One friend sent me beautiful flowers with a plush Aggie football that unzips to reveal a cute teddy in football jersey and holding a ball...one friend gave me a very nice gift certificate to Barnes & Noble (received my order yesterday - whoop!) and I received numerous birthday wishes on Facebook that really lit up my day! Then the barn dance - oh, so much fun!
Now, just days later, I have reached a valley I do not know which way to climb from to escape. All my past mistakes and bad decisions keep running across my mind like a song on repeat. Endlessly looping they stare me in the face as they pass by and taunt me for my foolishness. All I can hope is that God will provide another mountain on the other side...that He will turn the quagmire I have made and turn it into solid ground.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment