Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Friday, October 23, 2009

Small Acts of Love

Sometimes the smallest acts of love carry more meaning than the most outrageous ones. In this case, my uncle on my mom's side remembered my birthday coming up and sent me the following note:
Mary Ruth,

You're a big girl now! Not long ago you were a little runt running under the tables & through the crowds @ T-giving or Christmas.

Happy Birthday
Uncle Joe
I still haven't read the printed message in the card - LOL! Granted you would have to know my uncle to appreciate this as much as I do...the best I can describe him as far as emotions are concerned is that he's not prone to be sentimental. Though I personally have no memory of ever running under tables (LOL) it warms my heart to know 1) that he remembered my birthday, 2) that he took time to find a card and write me a note and 3) that he shared a memory he has of me as a child. Oh! Number 4) he acknowledged my adulthood. Hehe, yes I got all that from those two simple sentences!

I love my family more than words can express...

No comments:

Post a Comment