I have been wanting to blog all week about the plethora of things going on in my life, but this crazy life of mine keeps getting in the way. Not that I would change it. I like keeping busy.
The first thing I really, really wanted to blog about was the obvious chastisement God gave me on Sunday. Twice. With different words. Using two different preachers. It makes me laugh at myself - how I groan about not being able to hear God speak to me and then something like this happens where I cannot help but notice that He is speaking to me in an amazingly direct way. Sunday morning Justin asked the following rhetorical question: "What sin are you trapped in that you would not want to tell me about?" Talk about a loaded question. Sheesh. I could feel the blood rushing to my face. I can think of at least one thing. At least. Then on Sunday night Steve was speaking on living as Christians in fear of the Lord - not "I'm afraid of what He'll do to me" fear, but "I want to live in a way that pleases Him because I love Him" fear. The specific Scripture was the last part of Nehemiah 5:15..."But I did not do so because of the fear of God." (NASB) Oh, boy. It does not get more point blank than that.
Moving on to the pre-going back to school drama. Rational or not, SFA was on my hate list for several days as I got shuffled from person to person without anyone being able to help me or calling me back. Finally, yesterday, a nice young man finally understood how much I really, really, really needed to talk to a particular person who was recommended to me as the one who without a shadow of a doubt would be able to help me and he gave me her email address. And despite being on vacation, she responded within about five minutes. And soon thereafter I spoke to a lady she recommended to me and the ball started rolling until I now feel fairly confident that the rest will go smoothly. I bought my textbooks, or most of them at least, yesterday from Amazon.com. Saved about $80 from what I would have paid on campus and about $30 from what I would have paid on barnesandnoble.com. I still love Barnes & Noble's website, but the opportunity to save another $30 was not to be passed up. I bought the books brand new because I plan to keep them for references. They are:
Do those not look like loads of fun?! LOL - yes, I was being somewhat sarcastic there. It looks like I am going to be quite busy this semester. Assuming everything gets worked out...
Finally, my list of projects seems to be growing, not shrinking. I love working on projects and lose all track of time working on them. That, perhaps, is the downfall as it usually means I get to bed at a late hour and waking up the next morning...well. Sometimes that just seems impossible.
There is so much more I intended to write, but have run out of time to do so...I am sure I will make up for it.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment