This month continues to be a trial for me. I have discovered pent-up anger and endured several disappointments. The momentum I had been so pleased with regarding my card designs has slowed considerably - a result of my mood, I am certain. Thankfully the creative flow has not stopped completely. Amidst it all, we finally had my great aunt's funeral. I had never actually seen a casket lowered into the ground until this past Tuesday. It was bound to happen eventually considering the cemetery occupies a corner of our front yard. I missed the last one because I was out of town and the one before that - well, I was only two. Anyway...moving on. Sadly, I have not danced in what seems like forever. A month, at the very least. Too long - I miss it terribly. The weather has been dreary, very cold for Texas. We had snow last Friday; enough snow that it was not completely melted until late Saturday. We had flurries for a little while this morning, but nothing that stuck; nothing other than the chilly temperature, that is.
I am praying that God will take my anger from me. It will take His strength to do so because I cannot seem to let it go on my own. I am also praying for His help in focusing on the present instead of dwelling on the past (whether consciously or not) or obsessing about the future. I am praying that He will be my motivation to get past my fears of failure and try something new.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment