Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Work, Work, Work

After another week of training in Houston I am more than ready for this weekend. Unfortunately it will end all too quickly, but we will avoid focusing on that for more than that brief bit of negativity. Instead I will focus on the joy of being back in the familiar place that is home. A visit with my parents and grandparents...being reunited with my kitty (he is always so glad to see me after I have been gone for more than a day that you would think that he worried I had abandoned him)...hopefully getting to ride my Bella girl...seeing some friends...sleep...celebrating Father's Day with my daddy and Poppa (two of the dearest men in my life). All these sweet things are so refreshing and I cannot stand it when it ends. Instead I start planning my next visit. :o)

Some things I discovered that I like this week...the new Newtons Fruit Thins...the only flavor I have tried is the Blueberry Brown Sugar, but you can count on it that I will be trying some others, too. They are so yummy! With whole grains, real fruit and only 140 calories for a serving of three, you get a tasty,  somewhat healthy and not-too-sweet snack!

It is lower in calories and it is yummy...only problem is the servings are so stinkin' small! I am talking of Skinny Cow Ice Cream. Heavenly. Honestly, it would be a good habit to force myself to get used to smaller portions...that is really the only problem with larger containers of ice cream - it is harder to have self-control with all that sweet goodness so completely accessible, so the calories just keep racking up. Skinny Cow has provided yummy flavors in portion-controlled containers to help keep us sweet-toothed folks out of trouble.

I already knew I liked the new MIO water enhancers...Peach Tea has by far been my favorite with Fruit Punch coming in a close second until...I discovered Berry Pomegranate. Mmmmm...so good and, according to the nutrition facts on the label, calorie free! Great job, Kraft Foods!



Finally, the Target brand, Archer Farms, makes wonderful real fruit strips. I chose to try the raspberry first. For those who care, they are organic, too! They are a good source of Vitamin C and only 45 calories each. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment