If you can, picture me doing a happy dance and practically screaming in my excitement. After discussing plans with my aunt last night, I cannot help but allow my excitement to spill from every pore. Even in my sleep-deprived state. Despite falling asleep on the couch earlier in the evening yesterday, by the time I got to bed after midnight I was wide awake again...so much so that I had to occupy myself until finally drifting into dreamland close to three a.m. Needless to say, I am currently running on adrenaline...and a zero calorie Monster. And Honey Bun sugar rush. I hate being so unhealthy, but let us face the facts here: I still have three and a half hours of work before the weekend starts and I feel like a zombie. It is going to be ugly when I crash later.
So, back to my convo with my aunt. She has connections. Lots of connections with people who also have connections. I cannot help but look forward to this job hunt. There is someone to help me with my resume and actually finding jobs...there is someone else who is not only willing to consider me for his company, but will introduce me to others if it is not a good match. I am almost overwhelmed with all the prospects my future holds.
More than anything, I am thankful for this opportunity that God has blessed me with through my aunt and uncle. I am renewing my resolve to leave my worries about the future on the mountain (will post about that soon) as well as my insecurities about guys (especially considering two recent ones who have quite frankly been complete...boys. And that is putting it nicely...I need a MAN). I have so much going for me right now. There is no time for me to muck things up by trying to take back the control my flesh thinks it has. The immediate future holds too much to look forward to for me to let disappointing experiences overshadow it.
So, I am embracing this time and breaking out into random happy dances among making lists and scheduling appointments, packing and daydreaming about what is to come.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment