Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Whirlwind

So, it has been two full months since my last post. I started two different posts since then that I never finished.
They are sitting there staring me in the face and asking if they will ever be completed and posted. The answer is most likely not. I should not even be writing now as good rest seems to be a luxury lately.

My life is comparable to a whirlwind. It completely revolves around work. I wake up in the morning between six and six thirty...okay, seven. Honest. On a good morning I am up and at it at six and ready to start the day...on a bad day I push the snooze as long as I think I can get away with it and still get to work on time. I must be at my desk by eight thirty when the phones wake up. Not that it rings that early, but someone has to be there just in case and that someone is me. My day flies by (that has not happened in a long time) and suddenly five o'clock is staring me down. Sometimes that is not a big deal because the only place I "have" to be after five is the fitness center downstairs. I may have to cross my fingers that one of the three treadmills is free when I finish changing, but other than that it is a positively stress-free end to the work day. But yes, I said sometimes. The other times, lol, I must get to parking level two, out of the garage, back to the house where I may or may not change for job two, inhale something for dinner and get to job two by six. Distance is not the issue...but the traffic...ah, the traffic. It poses a problem. Then job two lasts until 10...10:15...hopefully no later...and I usually get home by 10:30 p.m. I usually arrive hungry again and even though it is not advised to eat that close to bedtime, well, shutting my brain off at night is hard enough without adding "ignore growling stomach" to the mix. If I am lucky, I am asleep by 11. Most nights lady luck eludes me and I watch the clock tick by until at least 11:30.

All that to say, I am one very tired girl. And emotional. Very emotional, lol. Another contributing factor to being emotional is that I am very lonely. There is no time or energy left to make friends and even if there were there would be no time or energy left to hang out with said friends. All the same I have been trying to find friends through a church community. That brings me to about a millionth prayer request: that I find a church.

I have visited two so far and really I do not feel led specifically to either one. Someone from back home reminded me of the The Village Church and so I am considering visiting that one tomorrow. They are all so huge and overwhelming. I just pray that the Lord will guide me where I need to go. I would like to consistently attend a single church. How else am I to be able to form meaningful relationships with other believers?

I do have some praises:

I was blessed to be able to visit home Easter weekend. Beau has not forgotten me and nor has he become the independent, distant cat I feared he would in my extended absence. Poppa seemed to recognize me at least part of the weekend. I have to look at it that way because the other just adds to my already emotional state. Mom and I hung out together and then some more with Dad and John. I was able to see some precious people from the church I grew up in. My drives home and then back to Dallas were made without incident.

I know the Lord is watching out for me. That in and of itself brings peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment