Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

One Step at a Time

Long time no see, friends!

Honest to goodness, I could have written dozens of posts the last couple months. I really have no clue why I did not take the time to do so. Writing on this blog has always been a great outlet.

My time here in Dallas so far has been all about taking one step at a time. I have learned so much about keeping my mouth shut and just rolling with the punches. That is not the reason I am writing tonight, however. Tonight I am celebrating car ownership or more specifically the fact that I submitted my last car payment today, all of a year and five days early! The Mouse may not be the first car I have ever driven or used exclusively as my own, but it is the very first car I have ever bought and paid for on my own. Well, there were a few times that I was fortunate and blessed to have some assistance, BUT the majority I did all by myself. I am so happy to have knocked that piece of debt out! I am so proud of all the hard work I have put in to make it happen!

Okay, enough gushing about that I suppose. Other good things happening include being within five pounds of my goal weight (yay!), finding a cute swimsuit that fits well (more difficult for me than you would think!), enjoying my full-time job (granted it has some boring moments, but more often than not I am super busy!), making friends, becoming a more consistent runner and gradually increasing the length of my runs (woohoo!), getting to know this awesome guy I met (serious potential there, I think!) and looking forward to a visit from my momma this weekend.

The blessings just keep on coming and I find that I if I focus on them more than the multiple negative things that happen in between, I am so much happier and content. Life is not easy. So what? Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment