I thank God for my family. We are not perfect by any stretch of the word and there are times when we get angry enough at each other to raise a ruckus, but we are loyal to a fault. We are bound by blood, but also by the bonds of a deep abiding love. Aside from the earthly titles of father, mother, brother and sister, we are also siblings in Christ and faithful friends. We watch each others' backs. We sometimes seek each others' opinions and value them...sometimes, hahaha. If one of us is slighted, the rest are there for backup.
This past Labor Day weekend my sweetheart and I, along with my two younger brothers, went camping at Turner Falls in Oklahoma. I was so pleased for the opportunity for three of the loves of my life to have an opportunity to get to know each other better. I was disheartened after the trip when my brothers admonished me by saying that I was being too clingy and would run him off. Then tonight my momma told me that my middle brother shared some things about me and my love. He told them that my honey and I were made for each other. He told them that both of us did and said things that reminded him of the other. He said he likes and respects the man in my life.
Talk about an awesome blessing with which to end the day. When it comes to something like this, I deeply value my family's opinion. I want the man to whom I commit and marry to be loved by my family as much as they love me. All that being said, if my darling is indeed the one God has made for me and for whom He made me, we are off to a fabulous beginning.
Friday, September 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment