Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Four Months

Tomorrow it will be four months since the first communication between Cam and me. Have I mentioned before that we met on Match? So our first communication was via email. After a previous match that did not work out, I was ready to put off meeting in person and to communicate that way however long it took to make sure he was someone I wanted to get to know better. His profile had definitely sparked an undeniable interest, but it takes more than that to make a relationship last. I was immediately impressed by the length and organization of his well-written emails because I am such a nerd like that. Side note: I think it is awesome when a man takes the time to read and then responds well AND shows interest by asking questions, too. I cannot count how many times I had someone give me his number and say "call or text if you want" after two emails, both of which consisted of "how are you I'm fine what are you up to this weekend have a great day". That may be a slight exaggeration, but the mindless chatter and run-on sentences ran rampant. Okay, back on track...
Cam's profile caught my attention..his emails kept and even increased my interest...and a week and a half later we met in person. All I can say about my first sight of him is that his profile pictures had not done him justice. Oh. My. Goodness. Talk about an increase of nervous butterflies in my stomach. Ha! I had left the house with the intention of staying on the date for two hours. Tops. It was about four and a half hours after that first glimpse of Cam that I actually said good night with plans to meet up again the next day. That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship...
It seems like it has been longer than four months in that I feel like we know each other so well and are on the same wavelength more often than not. Was there really a time when I didn't know him, lol?! Yet it is also hard to believe that the last four months have passed so quickly. We have so much fun together and you know the saying..."time flies when you're having fun!" Whoever coined that phrase was not joking.
Shakespeare in the Park...a horse-drawn carriage ride...wine tasting...wedding reception crashing (totally unintentional and definitely not planned)...an archery lesson...horseback riding...seeing a waterfall in person for the first time...reading to each other...oh, so many fabulous memories and moments already! I am looking forward to many more!!
I used to be angry at God because I was still single, especially after I passed the age of 25. Now I see that He had a plan that needed time to work itself out as it was supposed to and that Cam and I both were being prepared for each other in the meantime. I cannot imagine life without him and I know I am so very blessed. Not only did God cover the non-negotiable traits I was seeking, but also the extra ones I knew were not necessary, but ones I longed for anyway. Will you consider it redundant if I repeat how blessed I am? I am so blessed beyond every hope imaginable! I cannot say it enough. I am so thankful.
I started attending church with Cam in September. It is most important to us to have our Heavenly Father in the center of our relationship. After all, "a cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart." (Ecclesiastes 4:12) We want our Christian brothers and sisters to be witnesses of our relationship and to challenge us if they see anything amiss. We have an incredible community group we meet with each week. The camaraderie and genuine friendship in the group is irreplaceable. It is something I am very blessed to be a part of with Cam.
Looking forward to things ahead...a trip to Pennsylvania to meet his family...joining him in a walk to raise awareness of and money for a cure to Alzheimer's...turning 30...those three things happen to fall on the same day. Wow. Then there is Thanksgiving and Christmas. The beginning of a new year. I cannot describe how excited I am to continue living life with Cam as a part of it. To continue learning who he is and who we are together. To seeing what God has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment