I fear I have begun to neglect my blog. Shocker because this week is probably the first week that I have actually had A LOT of time to do that. I mean, I am in a hotel room by myself all week! I did not expect that to be an issue...all that wonderful peace and quiet. It gets old. Which bodes ill for the fact that I will soon be living on my own again, just me and my sweet kitty. I just hope my social life kicks back into high gear to help offset some of that peaceful quiet, LOL.
Training is going okay. Monday was great for a first day, I thought...Tuesday, well...talk about overwhelmed! It was awful. It did NOT feel productive. It was NOT encouraging. At all. Thankfully, today was better. I realized that I can actually do something by myself (relatively) already. So the first three days have not been a total waste.
I was blessed to be able to stay at a hotel very near to my best friend. I had dinner with her family tonight. We are going to have a girls' night when I come back next week. The plan is to see Water for Elephants - the latest movie with Robert Pattinson. I bought the book at Super Target (just down the road, hehehe) and I actually like it so far. The author appears to have done extensive research into what circus life was like back then. It was not all pretty...but the book is interesting so far.
Tomorrow I will be going to Cafe Express (first time) and Tutti Frutti (second, long-awaited time, LOL) with another friend. It's going to be lovely!
Friday evening I will be home again. I miss my kitty. I am anxious to see my grandfather after his surgery tomorrow...please pray that it goes smoothly. I spoke to him this morning and he is excited, but I am anxious, mostly because I am a good three hours away if anything goes wrong. Quite frankly, just the anesthesia process could be chancy with someone over 80 years old. Supposedly that is the riskiest part of this procedure. It will be nice to be with my family this weekend celebrating Easter and its meaning.
Yesterday I burned about 178 calories running on the treadmill here at the hotel...tonight it was about 200. If I keep this up, perhaps I will be able to drop a pound or two by the weekend. Ha! Yeah, right. I have coconut m&m's, Starburst jellybeans and Cadbury Creme Eggs in my hotel room...need I say more?!
Shower time. Then to bed. Hopefully I sleep as soundly tonight as I did last night, but with a little more zest when it is time to wake up in the morning...good night!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment