Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Slow Poke

I feel like a slow poke right now. I am not catching on to this new job as quickly as I would like. Obviously, I am my own worst critic, but if it were not for the encouragement from my billing boss, I would be more of an emotional wreck than I am currently. Seriously. I do NOT like living in a hotel anymore. It was fun at first because it was not normal. Now? It just...is not my cup of tea. I will leave it at that. On the up side, I am running more and more, increasing my endurance. I ran for 20 minutes last night...! Burned 200 calories, right before I went to bed.

On a negative note, I feel I am in a battle against depression. Again. I feel I have no close friends left in Nac - for multiple reasons that seemed to escalate as time flew by I had my own part in causing the distance. However, it would have been nice if someone would have thrown a "going away" party or something like what has been done for others in the past. How selfish is that?! I hate myself for feeling that way (especially considering my own part in the "separation"), but I cannot deny that the feeling is there. That would be a lie. My best friend is just down the road for the first time since college, but her life is taken over by motherhood and I cannot just pop in and say "let's grab dinner" like I would have in the past. Thankfully, I had dinner with her and her husband last week and she and I will be catching a movie tomorrow. That will help fight the blues for sure. But that selfish butthead rises again in a slight resentment that I am ashamed of...a resentment against the change that keeps us from hanging out whenever the heck we want. I must take a moment, though, and stress that the "change" is one of the cutest little beings on this planet. I have been eating WAY TOO much chocolate lately, which is probably greatly diminishing the effectiveness of all my running. But, I AM toning up (I think, LOL)...which brings me to the problem that now my CW clothes will probably fit even worse than they already do. Sigh. The woes keep piling on.

I need home bad right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment