Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lessons Learned

Just because a boy is cute as can be and appears to be single and in complete control of his senses does not mean he will not lose that control post meeting. Clarification? Sure!

Last night I met a boy at the dance hall my friends and I frequent...with the help of several of my dear friends - older gentlemen who would give me the moon if I asked for it, LOL. Talk about cute - oh. my. gosh. And I learned fairly quickly (because he could not help but try to impress me) that he has a great job with an even greater salary. As if that would make a difference...I just wanted to meet him and dance. Did not need to know his salary to do that. Anyway, the first couple dances were great - though after each one he did not seem to want to let go of my hand...ah, okay. Whatever. Should have clued me in, though. I mean, who holds hands after just meeting?! He told me I was sexy a couple times...LOL, no subtlety whatsoever! Though I felt I was, or at least looked it, it did not mean anything coming from him. All I heard was the alcohol talking.

I introduced him to my friends and soon after learned that he was quickly becoming intoxicated. Stink. So, then started the backing off and avoiding tactics.

I cannot help but wonder what this boy is like sober. He seems nice enough and appears to work hard (learned later that he works on a rig) and he seems very sociable. It is possible that the poor thing just got nervous, LOL. Ahhh, if only he had stopped drinking while he was ahead...

Did it make for an interesting evening? Yeah. All the high-fives going around were pretty hilarious and random. Would I want to repeat it? Not so much.

I guess the primary lesson I learned is that the attention from a sober man is soooo much better than that of someone under the influence. It was also reaffirmed that it is the stuff deeper than physical appearance that makes a person attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment