Snow Patrol - Set the Fire to the Third Bar
Do not get me wrong...Red and I never got THAT physical, but I sure did love being held in his arms. I listened to this song a lot when he was in Afghanistan and Iraq. Have not listened to it for a couple years because it evokes so many memories. Not sure what induced me to listen to it tonight.
Secondhand Serenade - Goodbye
And this is what I listened to a lot for awhile after I realized he would no longer be a part of my life. Not sure why...it was not my fault. I had no way of knowing. He is the one who had the secrets. Maybe this just reflected what I felt he was saying...? Or perhaps I just latched onto the word "goodbye" and the pain behind it in this song. Obviously I have yet to be able to completely say goodbye...Ides of March.
Sigh.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment