Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Frustrated

Well, someone wants to hire me. However...I really do not want to work there. All I can do is sit here and cry in frustration. Why can I not get a job I am excited about?! I am not trying to be ungrateful (though I feel that is exactly what I am being), I just want a job that I look forward to going to each day! Is that too much to ask?! I mean, I will be spending at least eight hours a day there, five days a week. That is over 2,000 hours of my life per year. Why does this have to be so difficult?!!!

So, I am praying for one of the following to happen by this weekend:

1 - the job I interviewed for last Friday is offered to me (I got freakin' excited about this one, people! Just from the interview! It is for an HR assistant position, the starting pay is what I requested and the experience could open SO MANY doors in the future. It would include some event planning...need I say more?!)

2 - the job I interviewed for last Monday is offered to me (Definitely not as exciting as the aforementioned position, BUT not a bad second choice at all. I would be working as an admin assistant at a large church just down the road. Lots of good experience to be had there.)

3 - God gives me a desire to continue working at this temp-to-hire position because frankly that is the only way I can see myself staying there long-term at this point. I liked the person I interviewed with, but the duties just seem too repetitive and too similar to my previous job. I agreed to start working there tomorrow with the understanding that as a temp-to-hire position they will understand if I choose not to continue working there and vice versa - I am to understand that they will not hire me if they feel it is not a good fit. They are aware that there is a position I really want that I am waiting to hear about and that I will accept it if it is offered to me. So, I will at least get paid for two days of work regardless of whether I stay with the company or not.

In the meantime, I intend to go watch Thor at the dollar theater by myself. See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment