I am STILL waiting to find out the results of Friday's interview. Unfortunately, there were more people to interview today so the odds against my getting the job have increased. I was told to expect an answer tomorrow...tomorrow, tomorrow, I may not love ya. Only hours away and then I will find out if my hopes are dashed for certain or not. I have a ball of dread in the pit of my stomach because despite my attempt to not get my hopes up, I did anyway. I do it every time I find something that really piques my interest and when it does not work out, my hope and sense of self-worth plummet.
I collected applications at a couple of my favorite retails stores. I figure whatever job I get, if I can work part-time on the weekends I would have some extra spending money to get things I want/need. What better place to work at than somewhere that I can get discounts on my favorite things? New York & Company. Victoria's Secret. Bath & Body Works. (BTW, sympathy gift cards from any of those places are welcome, LOL. Ok, just kidding, really, but can you blame me for trying?)
I also had an interview at a local church for an administrative assistant position. It appears it will be a better position than I had originally thought, which is encouraging. I should know something more about that position by the end of the week. He has at least two more people to interview.
The shocker of the day was receiving a call from the staffing agency that interviewed me for my previous job. My pride kept me from going to them when I started my job hunt - I was too embarrassed to go back to them and say, "hey, I got fired! Have any jobs to recommend me for?" She called to say that she had become aware that I was no longer with the company and she wanted to check and see if I had found something else or if I was still looking. She even has a position already in mind for which she is going to submit my resume. I thought it was really kind of her to seek me out. Definitely a step above and beyond her job and I appreciate it immensely.
So, I will wrap things up with a prayer that God will give me PEACE when He shuts doors and make me AWARE when He opens windows. That He will lift me up from my disappointment and give me STRENGTH to keep searching. I also pray that He will constantly remind me of all I have to be THANKFUL for because despite the valley in which I currently reside, I continue to be the recipient of many blessings from above.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment