Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Update (for lack of a better title)

So, neither of my two top choices worked out. Ok, Lord. Thank You for the answer. Meanwhile, I am trying to keep my sanity as I work at this temp-to-hire position. The people are all REALLY nice, so please do not misunderstand me. It is not the job, but the mind-numbing tasks that make me want to scream by the time I leave. I literally almost cried at the stack of paperwork that was handed to me Tuesday morning. Yes, I said cried. Sigh.

I had another interview today - hopefully, I will hear something about it tomorrow. It will be unlike any job I have had before - a challenge that will lead to personal growth and development. A career that will hopefully allow me to make a positive difference. And on a side note, a job that will mean a considerable pay raise for me. After all, that is the reason we work, right, LOL?

I have had some projects going on...hanging framed hooks (have you seen this latest fad?! I think it looks great, though I like my twist on it, lol.), covering a large, wooden cross with moss (need to put that on the wall eventually)...attempting to cover a smaller cross with zebra-print material (not going well so brainstorming)...and vacuuming up roaches (would prefer this task to be unnecessary, but it does not appear that will be the case. Ewww.).

This week I am having to fight the feeling of being left out...Mom is in the sunny state having a blast with my aunt...Dad and the Boys are in Missouri at a 150th reenactment along with a handful of other friends...two friends are getting married (not this week, but I received both their invitations this week)...I feel like I am missing something, but I will drop this topic. It is seriously dampening my excitement for the weekend. No, I do not have any exceptional plans (though I am looking forward to a birthday/anniversary DANCING party), but I will be away from the boring job for two days. :D

Speaking of being away...I need to pack. I have procrastinated long enough. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment