As mentioned in previous posts, our church hosts an event, for lack of a better term, called Redemption Groups. You can visit the CityView Church (Fort Worth) website for more information. When Cam first suggested that I participate in this event at some point, my first reaction was that I did not need what Redemption Groups offer. Tugging on the apron strings of that thought, and in short order I might add, was the convicting thought that that is exactly why I needed to participate. The pride to think that I had reached a point in my life where I did not need it was a sinful reaction. After two days I can already see the possible good this experience will bring in my life and relationship with my King.
My honey, not a fan of musicals in general, was kind to treat and accompany me to a movie tonight - Les Miserables. Though I had gathered from different context clues in the movie trailers and during various conversations with people familiar with the story that it is a very emotionally heavy one, I had never read it myself nor seen any other versions of it. I did not cry till the end, which kind of surprised me. I usually sob during films like this, lol. Part of the reason why, I believe, is because I was rejoicing at the story of redemption. It was completely unexpected.
I rejoiced at the love and forgiveness extended by the priest - through those actions he mirrored the Savior in a way that changed the male lead's life for good. He was never the same again all because a child of God was obedient to his calling to love his neighbor as Christ loves the church, to forgive a man who had trespassed against him.
I hope I am conveying my thoughts well. I feel like I am leaving something out. Of course it is late and I am tired from little rest this week and a very emotional weekend. I may come back tomorrow and tweak this post, haha. Know this - I highly recommend seeing Les Mis. It is not an easy nor cheerful movie, but the story of redemption within it will be so uplifting if you have the eyes to see it and the heart to receive it.
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment