As a child I would hope and pray for snow in the winter, but as I grew up in East Texas there came a time when that hope changed to skepticism each time the weather man predicted it. Since becoming an adult I have seen it snow more than I ever imagined I would. One time in particular it snowed in April. April!!! That was a shock to all of us East Texans to be sure! It was several inches deep. My first reaction, of course, was to document the occasion "on film". Digitally, lol. I took my simple camera and aimed it down the snow-covered fence lining our drive. At the snow-laden pine needles hanging over me. At the horses, running and playing in the unfamiliar white fluff.
So back to the present...it is days like this that I wish I had a "fancy" camera (a.k.a. a DSLR with a decent lens). That I knew how to use all the special functions that when combined just right create a beautiful photograph. That I had all day to explore and hunt down unique views of the world around me covered in snow.
One day...
But for now Instagram and my iPhone will have to do.
The brief moment before wiping it off my windshield so I can drive to work will suffice.
Messages in the snow are so much fun...
![]() |
| For you, my love. |

No comments:
Post a Comment