Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Friday, October 29, 2010

28 Years

I am 28 years old now. As of two days ago, that is. I  think this was the worst birthday week of my life. Partly to blame - my perfectionism. Whether the project is for school or for loved ones or for myself, I want it to be perfect when it is complete. That takes time. Partly to blame - my professor, who seems to think her students do nothing outside the classroom and thus have an infinite amount of time to complete the plethora of projects she throws our way. I was told that even one of the other professors in the department (at least one) has told her before that she assigns too much at the same time. Apparently it has not sunk in yet. So, this recently turned 28 year old perfectionist turned in several incomplete assignments all in one week and it just about drove me insane. I cannot begin to describe how embarrassed I feel. And whether it is true or not, I feel like a failure. An embarrassed failure. What a combination.

In 28 years I have been unable to determine my purpose in life - aside from the obvious things. However, I am determined to continue to try. It may not be Interior Design anymore - I am not certain my heart is still in it - but that is okay. As long as I continue to seek and refuse to succumb to the overwhelming desire to quit. It is His strength that keeps me going. It is the multitude of joys He has placed in my life that help to refresh me.

So, what is next, you ask? I am contemplating graphic design. Can you imagine my having my own line of scrapbook paper? Or fabrics? Or invitations?!

No comments:

Post a Comment