Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For a Friend

I wish I had magic words to say,
words to take the pain away;
Instead I simply listen and pray
that one day you will be okay.

It is so hard knowing a friend is enduring the kind of excruciating pain I myself have felt in the past after losing someone I truly loved. I would not wish that on anyone. I also know from personal experience that it really does not matter what people say or the heartfelt good intentions they have when they say it - the words are empty. At least, they are empty until you reach the point that you are ready to begin healing. Sometimes it is a choice you make and suddenly things start to turn around. Other times it is something more gradual. Time passes and suddenly you realize that somewhere along the way you became open to healing and therefore it had room to settle and grow within you until the pain is noticeably diminished. So, I know my friend does not want to hear the words I have to say. To make matters worse, this friend's loss was a result of his/her bad choices and that adds an immense dose of guilt to the equation. How does one get past that?!

There is only One who is able to bear such a burden. I commit this friend to Him and pray that He will soften his/her heart to the healing He brings to His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment