Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Progress and More

My bathroom is actually beginning to look organized! The floor is vacuumed (yay!) and the counter top cleared off. Drawers are closed things are not "stock-piled" everywhere I look. Can I just say I love progress?!

The progress was temporarily stalled last night, but for good cause: I have another baby shower to decorate and make invitations for and I had a blast designing it last night. It was amazing how quickly, how easily the design came to me. The primary hostess who is organizing everything told me that the honoree likes polka dots and is not a fan of "themey" showers - just like my best friend. So, I am using the nursery color scheme once again to create a cohesive party decor without appearing "themey". The polka dots became more like bubbles - you will see what I mean - when I welded them together to create the message body of the invitation. The wording was sent to me by the primary hostess with an openness to any suggestions I may have. When I read it, I knew I would not be able to change a thing - it is just too cute! After about 45 minutes last night...err, rather, early this morning...I had a rough, digital draft of the invitation completed. I am so stinkin' excited about it! As luck would have it (literally since the invitations must go out ASAP), paper is on sale this week at Hobby Lobby. As soon as possible I will be headed that direction to purchase the paper I need and then it is off to the Staples Print & Copy Center to have them photocopy the message onto my cardstock. I will have a sample to display before the day is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment