Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Journey to Fabulous

For some reason the word "fabulous" perfectly describes the state I would like to be in when I emerge from my current sadness. I do not know what form this will take nor how it will appear to others. It may be something internal, "visible" only to myself. Regardless, I have decided that a good place to start on my journey to fabulous is by sharing some things I am looking forward to in the near future.

1. Thursday I look forward to helping with ballroom dance lessons. This is a weekly event that I only miss when necessary. I enjoy sharing my love for dancing!

2. Saturday I get to enjoy a reenactment I have never been to with little or no work involved. Just me being a lady of the 19th century and getting an opportunity to wear my beautiful, new ball gown.

3. Next week I hope to reconcile a friendship that never should have suffered.

4. Coming up is not only a three day weekend, but a special time of celebration and remembrance and thanksgiving for what Christ Jesus did for us on the cross.

5. On April 16th is another dance hosted by the BDCET - always SO much fun!

6. The very next day after that is the Maroon and White Game at Kyle Field in College Station - WHOOP! That should be a really fun time with friends and fellow Aggies.

7. A week after that, on Saturday, April 24th I hope you can join me and hundreds of other women at Grace Bible Church in Nacogdoches for a Beth Moore Simulcast - So Long, Insecurity! It is going to be incredible and I cannot wait to hear what Mrs. Moore has to say! Immediately following the simulcast, I will have the pleasure of helping a dear friend prepare for marriage at her bridal shower!

8. Thursday, April 29th will be a little different: no dance lessons for me that week. I will be attending a Casting Crowns concert instead - woohoo!

9. May comes in - loudly, LOL - with a reenactment in Jefferson, TX! This is a favorite of mine because it was the first event I ever attended.

10. Then it's time to party, tastefully, for my friend's bachelorette weekend! We are going to start her trousseau, shop in The Woodlands, dress up for a nice dinner and maybe hit a movie. Talk about tons of fun!

11. Two weeks into June I have the honor to witness my friend's wedding to the man of her dreams. This will be the first time I have ever filled the role of Maid of Honor and I hope that I am able to help her well through the last minute preparation.

12. Finally, summer vacation! I will be spending the first six days of July visiting another dear friend, one with whom I have recently been reacquainted, and her husband in Virginia! I have so much to look forward to during this trip - I have so much I want to do and so little time I know I will have to make choices. Of course, no one ever said I could not go back and catch what I miss later.

So, that is what I have to look forward to in the coming months. I am so excited about it all and I praise God I am able to do these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment