Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sweet Little Angel

"Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me,
Starlight and dew drops are waiting for thee;
Sounds of the rude world, heard in the day,
Lull'd by the moonlight have all pass'd away!
Beautiful dreamer, queen of my song,
List while I woo thee with soft melody,
Gone are the cares of life's busy throng,
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!"

I have always been fascinated by this song, mostly by the music itself, but the lyrics are quite enchanting. While I held a sweet little two-week-old angel last night, sleeping in my arms, I could not help but hum this song in her precious little ears. At one point I sat down and just let her sleep on my chest. She must have slept for at least 30 minutes. It was bittersweet as I sat and wondered when I would get to hold my own beautiful dreamer. Boy or girl does not matter, though I have definitely always wanted a girl. What girl does not want one of their own to be girly with as she grows? Dancing, painting fingernails, playing dress-up, baking cookies. I wondered about its hair - when the precious gift is born will it have a full head of hair or be mostly bald? Will it be dark or blonde? What about the eyes? I cannot tell you how much I long to count the 10 perfect little fingers and 10 perfect little toes of my own child.

I am waiting, God. I am waiting for You to declare the time is right. And I am praying that it does not take much longer before You bless me with my own beautiful dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment