 |
| Cards for Days 1-10 |
I came across a cool blog this fall called
The Dating Divas and on the site I found this really neat idea for a Christmas gift for my man friend. It's called
The Spouse Christmas Countdown or as I started calling it - 25 Days of Christmas - and basically entails making a card for each day in December leading up to and including Christmas day. In the cards you write a note to your significant other and it can be something you love/appreciate about him (or her if you're a guy wanting to so this for your lady), an invitation to a date that you've planned or activity you want to do with/for him, or it can go along with a little gift (or big one if that is how you roll). I've been working on the cards in batches. The two gifts I've given so far haven't been expensive, but items that I knew would be treasured or something random and fun. I say random...there really is not much random about it as it centers around a couple of his likes. You get my point, though. The dates do not have to be major either. Today I gave him a choice of activities for us to do together tonight - watching a movie, playing a game or reading. All things we enjoy doing together at home.
One of the things I have really enjoyed about this gift is that I have been able to use my creative skills to make something unique for him. The part I love most about it, though, is his anticipation to open each day's card and then his reaction....er, feedback, lol. Not only does he show appreciation and encouragement for my creativity (how I decorate the cards and overall presentation), but he never hesitates to tell me that he appreciates the message.
 |
| Gift for Day 5 - Since he has already opened it I can share what it was: a framed print of the very first picture we ever took together. I had tried to transfer the image to canvas three times - let me sum it up: epic. failure. Each time I got closer to it working, but when the chunk of picture rubbed off where my honey's head during the third attempt, I gave up and framed your typical picture printed at the photo center at CVS. The beauty of it? He did not care that it did not work. He still appreciated the gift because it is something that he will treasure for always. I love it because it is an awesome memory of the beginnings of our relationship. <3 td="td">3> | | |
|
 |
| Days 11-20 and Gift for Day 12 - I really wish I could share what is in the bag because to me it is so fun, lol. However, since I am not sure he will not be reading my blog tonight I will refrain. Maybe I will come back and share later. ;o) |
No comments:
Post a Comment