Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day After Reflections

Am I the only one sad to see Christmas go? Despite the crazy pace before the big day, I love this time of year.

Christmas this year looked a bit different. It was the first time in my life that I was not with my family. It was the first time I did not watch White Christmas (not for lack of trying. I could not find my copy of the DVD and Apple TV only had a version to buy. And the preview was in another language...!!!). I am pretty sure this was the first Christmas I really felt like an adult, if that makes sense. Probably not, but I know what I mean in my head, lol.

However, it was the first time I spent Christmas with my man friend and his kiddos, which was really special. We had a lovely time with our friends who joined us on Christmas Eve - I never imagined so much going on in Cam's tiny kitchen, lol! There was food everywhere! After our fine feast, we baked cookies and decorated them. I think this was the best batch of sugar cookies ever. Cam and his daughter whipped up the dough that morning, it sat in the fridge all day, rolled like a dream (mostly) and then baked beautifully. Christmas morning came with lots of rain and freezing cold. Gifts were unwrapped with ooh's and aah's and "where is the next one?" (from the kids, of course). My sweetheart gave me a couple sweaters I had pointed out to him (both really cute - one is a sparkly black and the other a crocheted blue), a game he knows I enjoy and tickets to see Mannheim Steamroller on Friday (eek! So excited about date night with him!). I had given him some cologne a month or so early and also a series of cards and small gifts for the 25 days leading up to Christmas (so glad he loved it!), as mentioned in a previous post. That afternoon it was just me and him, enjoying a crackling fire, watching movies, drinking hot chocolate and basically, just enjoying our time together. It was the first time (in my memory) of it snowing on Christmas Day (which kinda sorta made up for not seeing my favorite Christmas movie). It snowed at least two inches and stuck. We made sure to take a picture together with a snowball, but the cold could not induce me to play in the snow like I would have...last year. LOL! To be honest, if I had been a little more prepared (i.e. had my rain boots to keep my socks dry, a few more layers of clothing, etc.) I am pretty sure I would have drug Cam out to build a snowman or make snow angels.

As emotional as I was because I missed my family (my momma made me cry because she cried...it was definitely a snowball effect), I would not have changed anything. I am so happy that I now have someone in my life to love in that special way. Though this was not the year to start new traditions with him, that time is coming and I am looking forward to it wholeheartedly.

Praise God for the blessings He has bestowed on me, such an undeserving sinner! Thank God for His merciful and forgiving nature! Words cannot express how thankful I am for the gift of His Son, Jesus, and the sacrifice Jesus made on my behalf. I pray that my life reflects His influence in it and that it brings Him glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment