This weekend has flown by! In a flurry of shopping and wrapping and shopping and eating...and cooking. Aside from the normal everyday food we must eat to survive, we have enjoyed cookies from the Great American Cookie Company (while out shopping), drinks from Starbucks (also while out shopping) and pieces of gingerbread (from the gingerbread house we painstakingly built on Friday night). We made a fabulous pot roast today. You can find the instructions here. I cannot believe I forgot to add garlic! We did not use red wine - just beef broth. The rosemary and thyme added a wonderful flavor. This method is definitely going on our keeper list. I doubt you could ever go wrong with Pioneer Woman. Speaking of PW, I made some fabulous blueberry bars a while back that I crave every time I think of her. Maybe that will be the first thing I make in my new kitchen...hopefully, I still have the printout because I am having a difficult time finding it online.
There is no doubt this last day before Christmas is going to speed right on by, too. Our agenda is full - making red velvet pancakes for breakfast...getting our cookie dough ready for baking and decorating cookies later...making cake pops (yum!)...Christmas Eve service at church...making fried chicken with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes (our friend John will be making gumbo)...
This is what Christmas is all about, though - quality time with family and friends while celebrating the birth of our Savior. I would not trade it for anything.
Monday, December 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment