Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Fast Approaches

Only 15 days 'til Christmas...

Am I the only one shocked by this fact?! It seams like yesterday I was in my festively decorated cottage in East Texas, snuggled with my kitty watching holiday movies. I miss my sweet kitty and look forward to having him back with me. He made being alone so much easier to bear. Not that I am alone anymore...not all the time like I was then.

What a year this has been since then! I am actually surprised I have not posted more this year. Struggles in my life typically breed more words as I turn to writing as a release. This year has held a good share of them. In fact, I am still in the midst of some of them. Mom and Gran have both told me that they can see personal and spiritual growth in me which is encouraging.

Struggles to pray for:

  • The final push to be debt-free - I am so close that I am getting tremendously anxious.
  • That I will make close friends - I am starved for girlfriends. My besties are miles away, married (some with children) and way too busy to be concerned about me. "Hanging out" is impossible. It makes me sad.
  • That I can love others the way God expects me to - particularly others who are seem impossible to love.
  • That I can find a roommate/apartment or an affordable garage apartment when I do become debt-free.
  • That I can move out from my extended family's home on good terms - living here so long has been one of the biggest challenges this year.
  • That I can put a particular little someone's needs above my own wants - no more details to share at this time, but God knows what this is about and I believe He has a perfect plan that will bring Him much glory.
  • That I can be more patient as I wait for a certain proposal to happen -  I am going nuts and trying to hold it in because I promised I would not be one of those girlfriends who nags her man about it. I know it will happen, but the planner in me wants to get started now. The lover in me wants the wedding to happen...yesterday. HA! Anyway...
On a happier note (because I totally did not intend for this post to get so depressing), there is a lot to be thankful for this year.
  • I am dating a wonderful man and he...wow, I cannot find the words to aptly describe how blessed I am to have him in my life. I know he is "the one".
  • His kids like me - yay!
  • Did I mention I am almost debt-free?!
  • My car is completely paid off a year early...!!!
  • I am attending a wonderful church with my honey and as an extension of that we are involved in an awesome community group. I have never felt so free amongst a group of Christians before. They share their struggles and we share ours and we all support and encourage each other.
  • Along those same lines, I am really excited to get to know better the ladies in our community group. They are so loving and inspiring. I look forward to someday living closer to them.
  • I have learned that I CAN keep my mouth shut and sometimes it is best to keep my opinion to myself. There are some arguments I am simply NOT going to win, so why waste my breath and time?
  • I have learned that I CAN survive without most of my possessions. Does that mean I want to get rid of them...NO! It just means they are less important to me.
  • God has shown me what I would be without Him - how I would react to certain things and the negative effect those reactions would have on the given situation. In that, I have experienced firsthand what He will do through me. 
I am sure there is more, but that is what comes to mind right off the bat. Only 15 days 'til Christmas and then before you know it 2013 will be here. Ready or not, here it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment