Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Last Minute Brilliance

Okay, maybe "brilliance" is too strong a term, but all these ideas are definitely last minute and hopefully will turn out great for this Saturday's party. One of the bridesmaids and myself have found ourselves in the position of having to re-plan the lingerie/bachelorette party for the bride we are attending in June...with less than a week left till the scheduled party. Gah! Thankfully, my brain is working for us. Thankfully, I discovered the plethora of creative blogs that I now check daily long before today. Between the inspiration of the paper flowers on MADE (http://www.dana-made-it.com/2010/05/wallflowers.html) and some pink and zebra print plates I saw at a party store (but did not buy - too expensive!), my brain is bursting with excitement and eagerness to get started!

So, obviously, the color scheme we decided on is pink and black, which made it ever so wonderful when I came across the pink and zebra print plates. Ta-da! Instant fit!

I bought pink and black napkins to make flowers from and hello...we can actually use the extras for the guests at the party. With two different size napkins I should be able to put together multiple sizes in flowers - a large one or two as a centerpiece for the table and smaller ones to add to the streamers I will describe next.

I found pink, black and zebra print crepe streamer paper and a cute zebra print ribbon. I plan to layer the black and pink so that they overlap in the middle, probably about an inch, and then I will lay the ribbon down the middle. Using a sewing machine, hopefully, and a loose stitch, all three layers will be sewn together. Once I have sewn the length I want, I will pull the ends of the ribbon enough to make the streamer gather. It will be so cute! The primary purpose of the streamer is to decorate the edge of the food table and I think putting a few small flowers intermittently along the streamer will be perfect. In the middle front of the table, I will have the bride's monogram on a pink and zebra print medallion. The party is, after all, all about her.

Finally, using tulle, gemstones, a pink ribbon and headband, I plan to make a simple veil for her to wear during the party. Just something to make her feel extra special. Just in case she refuses to wear that in public (which is a possibility) I will have a cute sash announcing "Bride-to-Be" made out of a wide, white satin ribbon, another small flower from the stash I plan to make and black vinyl words cut out using my Silhouette (have I mentioned how much I love that thing?!).

I know I have said before that I would start posting project pics (and have yet to do so), but this time I mean it for real and will have one of my favorite girlfriends helping me to make sure it happens. So, hopefully in about four hours, I will be able to get to work on the party goodies!

Hmmm...does anyone know where I can find pink and black cupcake liners?? Zebra print ones?? Anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment