Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Epic Fail, Starbucks

If I was lucky, I had four hours of good sleep last night...er, early this morning. I stayed at the office last night, hoping to finish this healthcare paper that has been looming over my head. Before I turned my computer on I had felt confident that I could get it done. After staring at a paragraph for about 30-45 minutes with no progress, I changed my mind. Add to that the complexity and incredible scale of the healthcare industry and I was lost. I did have a light bulb moment at one point...shortly before 11:45 p.m., in fact...that allowed me to make some progress. Unfortunately, that progress was not as much as I would have liked.

Anyway, to get to the point of this post. I am not a coffee drinker. However, this morning, my brain is so addled from sleep deprivation that I thought I would depend on the 'bucks to make me a coffee drink that did not taste too strongly of...coffee...in an attempt to get some caffeine into my system. What was I thinking?! Oh yeah. There was no thinking involved. Just a desperate need for caffeine. So, first sip I took I was cringing and desperately grasping for a piece of my Very Berry Coffeecake (huge success there, Starbucks!). I could not spend that chunk of my gift card for nothing so I did attempt two or three more long draws on the straw...okay, I thought they were long, but consider the pic below:


That is as far as I got before I gave up. Now I am thinking more clearly - in that I remember why I swore I would never drink coffee. So, unfortunately, Starbucks' attempt at making a faint-coffee-tasting coffee beverage with extra caffeine for me was, unfortunately, an epic fail. I cannot lay all the blame on them, though...it was, after all, my own mind that suffered from a grievous lack of forethought.

No comments:

Post a Comment