Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Out of Shape

Yes, I have been running as far as possible as often as possible, though not as often as I would like. However, I am now realizing exactly how long it has been since I danced last. Oh. My. Gosh. No, I am not sore...just out of whack! It is the weirdest feeling. My right arm, which bears all the torque when I am spinning and get off balance (yeah, it does happen!), and my legs just feel off. It has been over a month. Sad day, right? Seriously, I have missed dancing and it felt so good to get out there last night, but wow. I was seriously out of shape. Apparently, dancing and running require different levels of "in shape-ness"...yes, I just made up a new word.

Thankfully, David is in town and according to his own words to a mutual acquaintance....we will be dancing a lot this summer. Yay! Music to my ears! I think my favorite dance from last night was the impromptu moves during "Lean on Me"...it was nothing I had ever done before and he was definitely the shining star of the dance, but I still had fun and felt good. I also found a new determination to be more comfortable with getting more creative while dancing. I just tend to be a better follower rather than a creator while dancing. Anyway, David challenges me and I love it.

This summer is going to be a blast...and hopefully I get back into dancing shape soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment