Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Payday!

Payday - one of my favorite words and probably a favorite of society in general. As I watch my savings account grow I am once again reminded of my previous wastefulness up to this point. It shames me to think of it. Thankfully, God continued to urge me to seek help. Thankfully, I finally listened and obeyed. Thankfully, God put just the right people in my life to provide that help. Now today, though not perfect, my financial habits are much improved and I can sigh with relief that I actually have some cushion in the event of an emergency. Not a huge emergency, but still...it is so much more than I have ever had before and I am proud of my accomplishment!

It started with a book recommendation from my best friend and her husband - Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover (see below). Then, the "theft" of my credit cards by friends who had much safer places to keep them. LOL - I was so sad not to have my NY&CO Gold Card any longer, but nowwho needs it?! Finally, another friend, who is much more savvy to all things financial than I am, sat down with me and helped me create a reasonable budget and goals for paying off the debt I was under at that time. (I say "at that time" because it is now gone and it took less than a year!) Several accountability meetings later, I was still going by the budget, using a cashed-based system and basically acting much more fiscally responsible.

I am so thankful to God for His guidance and strength and wisdom through all this! I am thankful for His many blessings - He continues to give me so much despite my previous mismanagement of His gifts. I pray that He will help me to forgive myself for my past irresponsibility and continue to help me stay strong with my budget, especially in the near future when I move to part-time work and must survive on less. I know He will because God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment