Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, June 10, 2010

B is for Bride, G is for Groom: Part 1

I have seen a lot of reception photos that depict some kind of special chair "decor" for the bride and groom's seating. I was asked by the bride, whose wedding I will be participating in on Saturday, to decorate a "B" and "G" to hang from the backs of her and her soon-to-be hubby's chairs.

Last night...actually, the night before last, I came up with a basic plan and today...err, yesterday during lunch I painted the letters...


Unfortunately that is the darkest only brown acrylic craft paint I could find at Wal-Mart this morning. I stopped on my way to work so I would not have to use any of my precious lunch hour for a trip to Hobby Lobby...good thing, too, because it was raining cats and dogs when that time came around. Anyway, thanks (dripping sarcasm here) go to Wal-Mart for almost completely nixing their craft/fabric department. Forget all of us creative, crafty people who sometimes need supplies at random hours when Hobby Lobby is closed! Are you sensing a little bitterness here? Good.

So, back on topic...this is the painting process...(insert oohs and ahhs here)



...and these are the painted products of that process. LOL...anyway. Very simple to do. It did not take long. And acrylic paint washes off fingers and out of foam brushes easily. Perfect! I think I'm in love with these letters...I want to paint more of them and soon for something....hmmm...


The decoupage action starts tonight - fun stuff! More pics to come in B is for Bride, G is for Groom: Part 2...coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment