Sometimes it pays to take a leap and try something new. I received one of numerous emails from Barnes & Noble a while back in which this book was featured. I read the description and was fascinated. I decided to order it and see what it was about. I loved it.
Emily, the main character, is easy to identify with on multiple levels. All of us have experienced the fear and anxiety that accompanies big life changes. Mix that with a bit of magic and other memorable characters - like her quiet, giant Grandpa Vance, skillful baker friend Julia and mysterious friend Win - and you have a book that is practically impossible to put down.
If you are looking for an easy read this summer, I would highly recommend this book. The mystery tones down the drama of the characters' different pasts and in the end, everyone is stronger for the trials they endured. The book ends on a happily hopeful note.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment