Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flower Hair Clips

As you all know by now, I am in a wedding on Saturday. We bridesmaids are doing our own hair, so when I saw a tutorial on Shanty2Chic (Flat Rolled Rosettes - No Sew Baby!) for this no-sew, flat-rolled rosette I knew I could utilize it to make a clip to dress up my do for the wedding. (I am not very good with hair-styling, so I need all the help I can get!)

The resulting rosettes do not exactly match hers, but I like them. Here are a couple pics taken with my iPhone camera:



I see myself making more of these in the future...in different colors, sizes, etc. And for different purposes! Think of the possibilities!

3 comments:

  1. SUPER cute!! What's the link to the tutorial?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Abigail! They are easy peasy to make and I'm planning to make other colors - so excited! The link to the tutorial is: http://shanty2chic.blogspot.com/2010/05/flat-rolled-rosettes-no-sew-baby.html.

    I attached them to some snap barrettes I found at Hobby Lobby that have an Oval Bezell on them - the perfect platform to glue the flowers to! Of course, an (perhaps better) alternative (and what I was originally looking for) would be large alligator clips. Nac HL was out when I needed them and I forgot to check today when I went back for more barrettes. Anyway...I love these flowers! Roll loose or tight for two different looks.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Mary! I'll have to try that as well!

    ReplyDelete