Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Highs, Weekend Lows

This past weekend flew by! Unfortunately, nothing new there. Every weekend flies by...even when you do nothing. Anyway...

I went to visit my best friend and her husband this weekend. They are expecting their first baby and she is about four and a half months along. She has the cutest baby bump right now. My dear friend is too cute - she obsesses about her weight (she has always been skinny) and worries about the weight she has gained in her pregnancy so far, but then gets offended when the Motherhood store clerk did not realize she is pregnant. Of course, as her close friend, I also got somewhat miffed. Never mind the fact that I know what my friend normally looks like and so her bump is quite obvious to me. Everyone should notice that my friend is pregnant and take care of her accordingly. That is just the way it is, LOL!

We had a fabulous time shopping Saturday morning (after sleeping in and having breakfast made for us by her thoughtful husband), but then things went downhill. Poor thing gets tired so quickly. The plan was to go for lunch and then hit an early matinee of Knight & Day...well, Cheddar's was busy so we changed to Wings n' More. The food tasted good...but a short time later, after discovering the movie was sold out for the time we wanted to watch it, my stomach protested the fried food - was not happy with me at all. So, I was feeling slightly miserable for a bit. We decided to stop at Pottery Barn Kids and look around before stopping by Cheesecake Factory for dessert. I did not care how my stomach felt - I was not passing up Cheesecake Factory! Well...I was not passing it up until we got there and there was a 30 minute wait...! At 3:00 in the afternoon?! Really?! We went back home.

This is where things looked up again. We chilled. Relaxed. Were lazy bums for the rest of the day. I made a few rosette clips because I had the stuff with me and I did not want my friend to worry about keeping me entertained when she really needed a nap. Then we watched (too many) episodes of Hoarding: Buried Alive...talk about nightmares. For dinner we had grilled cheese sandwiches and watermelon...then fresh made brownies and in my case, a scoop of ice cream. Yummmmm. We watched Twilight. Their dogs, Toby and Molly, fought over Aunt Mary's (my) lap. Smiles. They are the cutest dogs. I spoil them with lap time.

After sleeping in again on Sunday morning and a breakfast of sausage pinwheels, we went to Super Target. I love that store! I found a couple tops and some flip flops...very successful trip. Then after a quick lunch I headed back to Nac. That is always a low on weekends like this. I so wish we lived closer!

I had the pleasure of stopping by the reception of a former teacher's second wedding. Her first husband died several years ago and then two years ago she was set up on a blind date with a man who turned out to be a high school classmate. How fun is that? I am so happy that she has found a new companion and does not have to be lonely anymore. She cracks me up because she wants her son and me to start talking really bad - she is working really hard on it, LOL! Somehow in conversation with her and her niece it came up that I keep pretty busy. My former teacher said she thinks I like being single, as busy as I am. I told her it is not that I like it, but I am taking advantage of it. That is the truth...I am anxious for someone with whom to share the adventure that is life.

Finally, a major low of the weekend: now that the room above the garage has been cleaned out everyone else wants to use it. Never mind that they did not pitch in to help clean it out (like my wonderful, heaven-sent friends) or that I had already been told I could use it. They all (except Mom) want to take advantage of its clean palette. Honestly it makes me mad that something has been offered to me with stipulations and that now when those stipulations have been filled the offer changes. It also makes me mad to be accused of being selfish when I become upset about it. I honestly do not know what to think. I had my heart set on making that my creative space. My getaway zone. LOL - a place where I can make non-virgin strawberry daiquiris or Malibu Rum Punches with friends when we want to chill without having to worry about commentary from Dad. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment