Beauregard woke me up for his breakfast this morning...my room was absolutely frigid. As soon as I moved the blankets I wanted to jump back in bed and burrow as far in them as I could! Brrrrrr! It was in the 20's...I simply could not bear the thought of living anywhere that reaches colder temperatures.
Mom gave me permission to wear this fabulous necklace that used to belong to one of my great aunts. It is...simply fabulous. Three long, silver chain strands, each unique and each having a different, antique silver-looking pendant: one a key, one a lock-shaped keyhole and one a locket. Unfortunately, the locket is both empty (no family photo heirlooms inside) and does not stay closed very well (though no one would really notice because of the way it hangs), but that does not diminish its attractiveness. It may just be one of my new favorites. Paired with the black sweater, dark blue jeans and black newsboy hat I am currently wearing, well, the necklace is perfect. Picture later!
I made hot chocolate at work this morning. I sorely missed the bag of homemade hot chocolate mix sitting on the kitchen counter...at home. No offense, Swiss Miss (the hot chocolate love of my life for so long), but there's just something about the homemade variety. The recipe? An entire box (1 lb. I think) of dry milk, an entire large container of creamer, an entire carton of Nestle Quick chocolate, an entire box (another 1 lb. box, I believe) of powdered sugar. Yum! Now that I think about it, I think every ingredient must be 1 lb...? I was not really paying that close attention. Anyway, I cannot help but wonder what french vanilla flavored creamer would do to the flavor...? I think I am going to try that next time. And stink. I burnt my tongue. I think three minutes in the microwave might be a tad too long.
Zumba today!!! I did it for the first time on Tuesday this week and fell for it hook, line and sinker. It is so much work - but oh so much fun! I mean, how many exercise routines encourage you to shake your booty and work your hips?! As someone who loves the Latin ballroom dances, this program is just incredible. Now I just have to learn to keep my core tight and become confident enough in the moves that I actually do some good. Flat tummy, six pack abs...here I come!!! I hope...
I have finally found inspiration for the "Welcome Baby" banner I have to have done for the shower...on Saturday. This Saturday. Talk about cutting it close, muse. It will be almost completely different than what I was originally planning...and not doing because deep down I knew something was not right. Ha! Nothing like last minute epiphanies! So, hopefully sometime tonight I will have the finished product. Since I could never get the invitation pic to upload from my phone (grrr), I have decided to do a single post with all the party detail pics together. I will probably include the flower arrangement that Mom is doing. The flowers she chose are absolutely perfect and I simply cannot wait to see what she comes up with. She is so talented. I seriously wish we could go into business together. Hmmmm...
A family friend lost his mother today. I cannot remember ever meeting her, but her son's family is dear to us and thus her passing is felt. A not so errant thought that always accompanies times like this is that we will eventually be in the same position and perhaps even sooner than we think. I hope not, but I must face the fact the none of my grandparents are in perfect health and if anything they are all declining. Poppa, poor thing, has even resorted to discussing his ailments, which is something he NEVER did before. I cannot aptly describe how abnormal that is for him to do. Caring for him is wearing on Gran. Not that she minds - she loves him dearly and wants him to stay with her just as long as she is allowed to have him by her side. No matter how demanding or crotchety he gets. Grandmother...well, it is hard for me to tell with her. She seemed well enough at Christmas. Maybe a bit more indecisive...but not noticeably different from the last time I saw her. From what I hear, though, she is not without health problems. Sigh...I would rather not think about the heartache to come, but I cannot help but do so at times like this.
I continue to think about goals and specifically work on my list of "30 before 30". I am only halfway finished...who knew it would be so hard? Perhaps part of the reason is because what I want more than anything is not so much a goal I can accomplish on a whim, but something that God has a perfect time for, a perfect plan for, that nothing I can do will change. I must patiently wait for my time to become a wife and mother. So, that leaves 15...oh wait! Just thought of one...that leaves 14 more goals to make. Ideas anyone?
So, wow. This post is much longer than expected, but I am feeling especially "wordy" today. For some reason I just felt the need to tell you all about my day. Even if you do not read this, I like the feeling I get after writing out my thoughts and feelings from the day. I am sure that you appreciate the lack of a daily detailing of my life, LOL.
One final thought...or two. One, I hope I get a chance to ride this weekend. Two, may you find complete joy in Christ our Savior!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment