My singles Bible study group meets on Wednesdays and this week we talked about the importance of reading and studying the Bible daily. Last night I was reading the evening devotional (for the 19th since I seem to have lost track of the date) from Spurgeon's Morning and Evening (which I have mentioned on my blog multiple times) and it went perfectly with that topic. In fact, both devotionals from the 19th went hand-in-hand with it. Basically, the morning devotional said that man can teach man from the Bible...then the evening devotional stated that true understanding of the Word comes directly from God Himself. I encourage you to read it! If you do not have a copy of this book, I highly recommend getting one. No one will fault you if you are not consistently reading it daily. I have not been the least bit consistent. However, that has not kept me from being blessed when I do open its pages.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment