Next up is a project that did not turn out quite as I expected and therefore needs some further work. The concept was inspired by another blog (cannot think of which one at the moment) and, again, involved cutting out letters (this time in a font called Lobster that I downloaded free from DaFont.com) from vinyl using my Silhouette and then using glass etching creme to leave the image on the glass of the frame. It is a shadow box because I wanted there to be dimension, but the words just do no show up well. I am trying to think of ways that I can make them show up better...anyway, it is the scripture "and the greatest of these is love...1 Corinthians 13:13". Please forgive my sorry photography skills...
Third...the invitation for a little pre-Valentine's sleepover I am hosting for some young girlfriends of mine. Using a zebra-print heart Silhouette shape for the front and the font "Hawaii Killer", which I downloaded recently from DaFont.com, I created a simple invitation that makes a bold statement. I love black and red together and zebra-print has grown on me the last few months. I adhered the zebra-print hearts with popdots to give dimension.
Soon, I will post pictures of the pom-pom garland I am stringing and the crepe paper flowers (from a tutorial by The Idea Room) that will be used...somehow...
No comments:
Post a Comment