It is seriously shocking to me that I am even remotely interested in making craft projects related to Valentine's Day. Completely unexpected turn of events for me. But perhaps that means I have some measure of hope after all. Hope that one day the holiday will mean something special to me again. Yes...that was again. There was a time I looked forward to it because I knew that a certain guy in my life was not going to let the day pass without remembering me. We were just friends, but he did not fail to have a red rose delivered to the school just for me. I miss him. But that is water under the bridge...moving on.
I am super excited about the first results of my Valentine holiday crafting kick. Very simple but sweet, the mirrors, glass-etched words and perfect red ribbon just make me smile. I want to make more of them, but what would I do with more than two?
Blogland, as I affectionately call it, is full of crafts for the upcoming holiday. Not surprising. There are several things I want to try:
House of Smith's: Valentine's Decorating Ideas: I love, love, love everything about her Valentine's display!
Eighteen25: Photo Strip Hearts: I heart this garland.
The Idea Room: Framed heart Valentine's Day Decor: Black frame. Pretty black flourishes. Red. Heart be still.
The Idea Room: Tissue Rosette Kissing Balls: I am dying to try these! Especially since the first ones I saw were actually large ones hanging from a ceiling!!! Can you picture these as part of centerpieces at a wedding?!
Of course, I still have a few ideas of my own up my sleeve...
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment