So, Beau discovered a huge, grotesque spider in my bathroom trash can this evening. I found myself, for the first time ever, encouraging him to knock it over with the hope, of course, that he would catch and kill the thing. This encouragement came from the closest thing I could find to stand on as far away from the trash can and its inhabitant as possible. I am such a sissy when it comes to spiders. After a single failed attempt at knocking over the trash can, Beau moved on. Gahh! There I was still standing on my perch and trying to convince Beau to try again as if he can understand every word I say...are you laughing yet? Well, there is more. I finally decided to knock the trash can over myself, never leaving my place on the stool. Nothing happened. So I knocked it again. Nothing. You know how they say "the third time's the charm"? Yeah, it is so true. Out crawled the ugly thing (insert whole body tremor/shudder here) headed straight for Beau. So I started exclaiming, "Beau, there it is! Beau it's getting closer! BEAU! It's right there to the right!!!" About this time it looked like the disgusting creature was going to crawl on my cat who seemed completely oblivious to the spider's existence, so I flew off the stool, grabbed a flip-flop (scaring Beau in the process - he took off) and proceeded to beat the spider to a pulp. It was then I realized, with a laugh, that the spider had been on his left. As if my misdirection were the reason he missed it, LOL!
Obviously he is very much my child - I talk to him as though he were. I cannot help but smile at the picture in my head of the whole fiasco. Ah, me...I love that cat even though he is not much help with spiders!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL!! I can picture the whole thing
ReplyDelete