God has blessed our planet with an unimaginable number of unique creatures to enjoy - some of them more than others. He has made this Earth in such a complex way, but with a natural order. I do not believe in global warming. I do not believe it is our purpose to try and manipulate any part of His creation. There are times, though, that I believe we can "minister" to His creatures.
I was not aware until I received a random email that in 2009 there have been some major fires and high temperatures in Victoria, Australia. Some koalas were caught on film begging for water. All of us have probably thought before, "How cute! I want one!", but Australians know that in their natural habitat, koalas want nothing to do with humans and have vicious claws that could cause serious damage. Another fact I learned about koalas today: they normally do not drink water directly - they get their water from the leaves of eucalyptus plants, their primary diet. I have posted a link below to some pictures that will tug at your heartstrings for sure:
http://www.funny-potato.com/koalas-pictures.htm
http://australia.today.com/2009/02/07/more-hot-koala-pics/
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's so sad, it makes my heart cry. Poor Koalas, God please watch over them.
ReplyDelete