Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010

Where should I begin about Easter twenty-ten? (I do not plan to rhyme the whole time.)

Good Friday I was free to play; spend some time with friends all day.

- Baby goats were fun to see - very cute was our decree.

- Shopping at my favorite store never is a pain or bore.

- An Italian lunch sat well with our bunch.

- Geocaching was truly smashing.

- The perfect way to end the day? Dancing, I say!

Saturday, again, was free; sleeping in filled me with glee.

And this is where the rhyming ends...my friends. LOL!

So, obviously I am in some kind of a good mood. Saturday passed fairly quickly after breakfast (pancakes at Gran and Poppa's, again). Gran, John and I helped Mom clean out her car. Yes, it took four of us. That should give you nightmares. Then I took Mom and John to Daddy's field office (a.k.a. the "doghouse") to pick up John's future truck (Daddy's previous work truck). Soon after I dropped them off, I headed to Wal-Mart for cheesecake ingredients - yum! Obviously I could not leave Wal-Mart without a few extra things I had not planned on purchasing prior to walking in the store. Once home and with a cheesecake in the oven I almost fell asleep reading my new book by Nicholas Sparks. No, the book is not boring...I was simply up late Friday night. Once the cheesecake was out and cooling, I cleaned up and got ready for a movie night with a friend. Yep, Saturday ended well, too.

Easter Sunday was little gloomy...I honestly thought it would rain and all the poor little kiddos would have to forgo their Easter egg hunts. Dressed in my new strapless, white eyelet dress, jean jacket, multi-strand necklace and super cute (and tall) heels, I headed to church. Though saddened by the number of friends missing (because they were with their families), I was thoroughly refreshed by an awesome Easter service - worship, message and Lord's Supper. We had yummy hamburgers for lunch and then Mom (doped on Benedryl) beat Gran and myself quite soundly at a game of Sequence. That was quite disheartening...for about a minute. It did not take me long to head upstairs for a nap. Though about half as long as I would have liked, I jumped up at five so I could get ready for church with the family. I figured most everyone who normally does Scripture reading would be involved with family stuff still, so once again the reading was postponed. I miss it. After a couple lovely chats with friends and finishing a movie I had started on Saturday, I went to bed.

So, why am I in this happy mood? Actually, I think I chose it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your in a good mood!!! I told you you could make the day turn out the way you wanted it too.

    ReplyDelete