My friend, J'nell, emailed me today saying she was on a plane to Florida. The nurse taking care of her dad says there is not much time left. J'nell says she is doing okay, but her mom...well, she is another story. I am concerned that in her attempt to be strong for her mom she herself is not letting out her own emotions, but is instead internalizing them. I know the feeling, how easy it is to do. Anyway, I think about how I would feel if I were to have to say good-bye to a parent at this age and all I can imagine is heartbreaking, excruciating pain. I wish I could be there to support J'nell. Sometimes you just need a girlfriend to cry with you.
J'nell, if you read this, know that it is okay to cry. I will cry with you. I love you, dear friend. I am praying for your family.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment