Molto Bella

Molto Bella
Her first morning with us...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Purpose for Singleness...or Two.

It hit me this morning. There is at least one good purpose for singleness - to prepare yourself for the insanity that your life becomes once you are married and start a family! As a creative person, I love to check out the creative projects of others to give me ideas. Let me tell you...recently I have discovered that the blogging world is full of creative people. My brain is approaching overload! There are so many creative people out there with incredible ideas and skills - some of these projects blow my mind away because, as creative as I am, I do not think I would have had the same inspiration. Not in a million years! Another reason my head is bursting is because I currently do not have an outlet for a lot of the projects I am finding I want to do. No husband. No kids. Yet. Now, I have come to the reason for this post - to share a "light bulb" moment. I can make a notebook. Not just any old notebook, but a notebook bursting with inspiration. All these projects I am finding that I want to utilize in the future when they are needed will go into this notebook. That is what printers are for, right?? I am really, really excited! I have always been one to see or hear things I want to do in the future and try to make a mental note to reference. Yeah...how long do you think that mental note lasts? A minute. Maybe two. Not long. An inspiration notebook is tangible and can go with me wherever I go. I love it! I want to get started immediately! Cartridge World will soon see more of me, I am sure.

Now for the afterthought "or Two" from the title of this post. Another purpose for singleness is to get the "selfish" living out of the way. Note: I am NOT saying that doing things for yourself is always an act of selfishness...just that there are a lot of times when you are single that you can randomly decide to do something (or not) without having to concern yourself about much. Sometimes it will affect people, but most of the time it will not. Just yourself. When you marry and have a family all of that changes because you now have someone depending on you a lot and others, in the case of babies and young children, depending on you for everything. I think in my second "light bulb" moment of today I am realizing that I am not quite done with my "selfish" living. I want to be married. I want to have a family. Right now, however, I seem to want to be able to dance, read, ride, drive, reenact, shop, travel, watch movies, chill with friends (and so on and so forth) whenever I can and want to, even more. I do not think it ever occurred to me before now. It is somewhat enlightening...as if God decided to reveal this to me about myself knowing I already knew it to a certain extent, but up to this moment not yet willing to recognize it.

So, two reasons for being single still:

1 - to prepare an awesome inspiration notebook for when I do have a family of my own and need to tame the insanity and

2 - to get all my "selfish" living out of the way. I have so much fun and, though I know I can still have fun when I marry and have a family, it will change forms...drastically...so this is my time. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment