I blame my grandfather (on Mom's side) for my addiction to m&ms. For as long as I can remember, until recently, he has kept a steady supply at what he would call the "candy counter". In fact, it was such a constant in our lives that we grandchildren began giving him the collectible m&m dispensers that came out each year right before Christmas. He has quite a collection.
I would have to say that plain m&ms will forever be my top favorite. There is just something about the simplicity of candy-coated milk chocolate that cannot be beat. After that, are the peanut and peanut butter varieties. Those could easily tie for second. I have so much fun eating those - attempting with each one to get either the peanut or the bit of peanut butter out of its candy shell unscathed. You may shout "obsessive-compulsive" here...you are probably right, but just for the record, it is much harder to do that with the bit of peanut butter. Are there any flavors besides those? LOL, of course, but I guess those sort of fade in comparison to those previously mentioned. Part of it may be that plain, peanut and peanut butter are the flavors Poppa kept in stock.
I have what some would call a funny habit when eating my m&ms...particularly when eating the plain ones. I start with brown and make sure those are completely gone before I move onto orange. Yellow soon follows and then green. Bringing up the rear are blue followed closely by red. For some reason I feel that my favorite colors should be saved for last. Usually I eat them by two's...I do not have any explanation for that one, LOL. Obviously, the eating in two's fetish is impossible with the peanut/peanut butter flavors...but it is replaced by my even stranger attempts at "saving" the peanut or peanut butter. Ahhh, writing it down makes me want to laugh!
So now you know a random habit or two of mine that revolve completely around a little candy we all know and most love.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment